This is my prayer: that your love May abound more and more.
Genuine love for God has many facets. Here is a list of the most important ones.
• It longs for personal communion with God (Ps. 42:1–2; 73:25).
• It trusts in God’s power to protect His own (Ps. 31:23). • It is characterized by peace that only God can impart (Ps. 119:165; John 14:27).
• It is sensitive to God’s will and His honor (Ps. 69:9).
• It loves the people God loves (1 John 4:7–8, 20–21).
• It hates what God hates (1 John 2:15).
• It longs for the Second Coming of Christ (2 Tim. 4:8).
Finally, and most important, it is marked by obedience to God (John 14:21; 1 John 5:1–2). We are able to love God and manifest these facets only because He first loved us (1 John 4:7, 10, 19).
Do you love God?
~ John MacArthur ~